Monday, January 28, 2013

How I Record My LP's (Part 1 of 2)

How I Record My LP's (Part 1 of 2) Tube. Duration : 10.75 Mins.


This is how I record my LP's. Yep. I also go into quite a bit about editing the videos/sound in Movie Maker, but even then I didn't cover everything. This is an unusual way to record, and I can't promise that it would work on just any computer, since the files come out to be pretty enormous in size. Plus, RecordPad is not free, although it does offer a 2-week trial period if you want to try it. You can get it here: www.nch.com.au I had a little de-sync'ing issue, it starts about five minutes in, but it doesn't get progressively worse; it's just off by about a second. Just thought I should warn you. It's still easy enough to follow what I'm doing, I just hope I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence here. I'm a complete dummy when it comes to computers. But you never know how much people know about things, so I just kind of assume the worst and go from there. A couple of the important things I forgot to mention was that when recording an NES game with FCEU Ultra, it's pretty much exactly the same as recording with Snes9x, just drag File to Record AVI and you're golden. The only difference is that on NES games, you can actually hear the sound as you're recording. One other thing is that in Movie Maker, I often have to lower the sound of the video game to about half or 1/4 of its original volume, since the voice recording is barely audible next to it otherwise. To change the volume of the video, click on the video and drag "Clip" to "Audio" to "Volume" and you can lower it there.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment