Sunday, November 11, 2012

Take off and landing KDVT Deer Valley, incl. ATC and Phoenix Class B transition

Take off and landing KDVT Deer Valley, incl. ATC and Phoenix Class B transition Tube. Duration : 10.27 Mins.


My wife and me, taking off and landing at the Deer Valley Airport in Phoenix, Arizona, during our vacation in the USA (we are from Germany). On our way back, we change seats and fly over Phoenix and the PHX Airport, using the Class B VFR transition. In 2009 Deer Valley was the busiest general aviation airport worldwide(!!) and number 22 of all(!!) airports: www.airports.org When we took the footage of the landing for this video, one runway was closed and all the traffic was handled by just a single air traffic controller! Amazing job! While we usually share the work load, I did all the radio work this time, as my wife had a bad cold. The plane is a Cessna 172 with the G1000. We rented it from the flight school 'Westwind Aviation', which is located at the Deer Valley airport. As experienced a couple of times before, ATC at this relatively small airport was way more busy than the ATC of the international airport with its for many pilots 'scary' Class B airspace. On the radio, we are 'Skyhawk 24350' or just 'Skyhawk 350'. The cameras are GoPro HDs, I recorded the audio directly to my Android cell phone, using a custom made adapter cable for the headset jacks and the program 'Tapemachine'. The GPS overlay is done with a program I wrote by myself.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment