Monday, February 18, 2013

POD ~ Youth of the Nation (Drum Cover)

POD ~ Youth of the Nation (Drum Cover) Video Clips. Duration : 4.33 Mins.


****OVER 10000 VIEWS!!!!!**** Thank you all so much! This is a drum cover for Youth of the Nation by POD But you probably already gathered that from the title. :) Please comment and rate; I like to hear what you think! Drumset: TD-20SX Recording software: Garageband Laptop: 13.3" Macbook Pro Here's how I record my drums. I use this cable... www.google.com ...so that the two mono 1/4" cables plug into the L and R Master Out on the TD20 module, and the 3.5mm stereo jack end plugs into my Macbook, I then record right into Garageband. I use a 1/4" stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable from the mix in to my iPod for playing along to music. By default the TD20 records the mix in to the master out. If anyone records a drum cover with a track playing from your iPod through the TD20's Mix in jack, you would not be able to boost the volume of the drums, or boost the volume of the track, because the mix in is being sent to the master out. (drums and audio being recorded as one track) I wanted to have the freedom to control the audio level of both the drums and the audio, so I changed the Mix in settings to be outputted to the headphones only. I changed this by pressing the following on the TD20: Setup - F2 - F4 ...and changed the output on the Mix In to headphones only. This meant when I recorded my drum cover, ONLY my drums were recorded into Garageband. I then added the music in as a separate track. Of course, a Firewire or M-Audio recording interface would be ideal, but this setup works ...

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment